Loss of keyboard in Internet browsers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scott, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Scott

Scott New Member

I just bought a Zenbooko from Best Buy yesterday. While using it to browse the internet I randomly loose keyboard functionality inside the internet browser (IE). I can close the internet browser or flip to a program that is not an internet browser and the keybord works. If I close the internet browser and open it back up, or even switch to another browser like Chrome, I still have no keyboard. The only way to get it back is to reboot the system.

I cannot pinpoint what I am doing when I loose functionality either, it is very random. I have seen posts on the web that others are having this issue but I cant find where anyone solved it.

Anyone have a suggestion?

2. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member

Honestly, since you bought it at Best Buy... just take it back to them. That's one advantage to buying at a store like that. Usually they will just take it back and give you a new one. I have used IE and Chrme and never experienced your issue.

Other then that, maybe a complete restore will fix your issue. Let s know how you make out.

Good luck,

-JRW

3. Benlo168

Benlo168 New Member

I have experience this as well, the only way to recover is a reboot. i am wondering if anyone from Asus can comment on this issue? I can reproduce this behavior just by using IE in Facebook for a little bit.