Zenbook Review

Discussion in 'Beginners Section' started by JRW-910, Oct 21, 2011.

1. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member

Here is a pretty good amature review of the ASUS Zenbook that is extremely thorough. It gives a good 'apples to apples' comparison of the Zenbook and MacBook Air.

This review can be found on Amazon's website along with other customer reviews.

2. JRW-910

3. omnius

omnius New Member

I'm a bit surprised that "everybody" are talking about the Apple as the first lightweight laptop. I've been using Toshiba Portégé for the last 15 years+, and they were all around one kilo.

Time for a new small laptop, and I found the Zenbook very attractive. Both in overall speed and design. When I received the 11", I saw that everything that has been said about the design of this laptop is true. A real beauty! A bit heavier than announced, but anyway, a beauty.

The quality feels very very good, and I like the screen. A lot easier to keep clean than a matte surface.

And, all this talk about comparing it to the Apple one, I don't think it's right! It has a USB 3.0 port, comes with a USB to Ethernet adapter, supports DLNA (via Win7), supports Bluray (I don't think the other fruit company does?), and, it looks nice (checked both in the shop). It also comes with a small bag the is just "high-class"!

By the way, talking about fruit, I just made a nice suitable picture of another fruit: A half-eaten banana. I'll probably get it printed as a sticker tomorrow and put it on MY laptop. If it turns out nice, I'll add another post here with a picture or two.

Anyway, a beautiful laptop that is incredible fast and looks goooood! Can't really believe it's almost as fast as my desktop, but it's true. I have no problems converting RAW images from my camera anymore, can do light video edits on the road (light because of the pretty small screen), and copy to my backup in USB 3.0 speed!

All in all, a great laptop.

4. victor creed

victor creed New Member

Still have my UX21 I got in October 2011. Still love it the same now as I did then.

5. JRW-910

I'm tying this on my UX31A ... still going strong.

-JRW